merchant Thomas Moy moved to No 1 High Street after
the closure of the Southwold-to-Halesworth
Railway in 1929. Before that he had his headquarters
Yard, Blyth Road. He owned the fleet of 15 goods
wagons that ran on the narrow-gauge track. One of
Thomas Moy & Co's most noteworthy achievements
was to bring in to the town the million and a half
bricks required to build the lighthouse in 1888.