Before 1912 the area now called 'St James Green'
was considered either part of the adjacent East Green or, in the case of the census returns of 1891 and 1901, 'East Cliff Green' There
was, however, one row of terraced houses on this portion
of East Green (Nos 2 - 8) which bore and still bears the
name 'St James Terrace'. This starts at the junction with
Stradbroke Road (then 'St James Street).