part of a1920s OS map showing the site of the rifle range. Click the image to see a wider area at a larger scale.
Photo courtesy of P Parke
Frederick Baggott, soon to take over the Trinity Street butcher's shop from his father, Alfred., pictured at the Rifle Club range probably in 1930s.
Photo courtesy of P Parke, Frederick's grandson
Click the image to see more photos of club members
Above The tennis courts and cafe today
The 'pit' in the early 1900s with the Golf Course club house beyond.
Photo by Frederick Jenkins reproduced from a 1905 tourist guide kindly provided by Prof J Hadgraft.
Click image to enlarge
The tennis courts and cafe, probably in the early 1950s
Frederick Wells outside his refreshment hut in the 1950s
Fred Wells and his son David at work in the hut.
Photos of her father courtesy of Sue Doy
Click any of the pictures to enlarge