From an 1893 photograph taken from the top of the just-built Lighthouse. Blyth Terrace (now numbered 17- 23 Field Stile Road) with Victoria Cottages (nos 24-25) on the right. The latter were built on the site of the demolished Baggott's Mill.
The houses fronted directly onto an earth track over St Edmund's Green. Beyond them, to the north lay open fields and Buss Creek.
Southwold Museum P2794 - 2
Click the picture to enlarge
Clearing up in 1941 after a bomb had fallen across the road in Tibby's Green.
Reproduced from Barrett Jenkins' book 'Reminiscences of Southwold through the two World Wars' by kind permission of the author's daughter, Ann Thornton.
Click the picture to enlarge.